Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Update on the Doom Con

The dramas are darker and darker,
The demons have become indistinguishable 
From the heros, and they hold on now
To the very last chord.

There's no threat anymore.
I've turned off the lamps
For there's no longer need of light.
The horror show has broadened into farce:

They now say I must die to live,
That my soul must be extinguished
And I must submit to a mind not my own,
The quicker the cessation

Of a record of humanity
And even as the mass of people
Eagerly agree, to erase themselves
For the common good of extinction

I laugh at them, their pompous airs, 
Their comedy routine, how far
They've had to go, how little
Ammunition they have left.

The roads are bathed in light, the earth
Just sings with love, what's inside turns 
This recorded world to mural.
The sky is slowly shifting back to gold.