Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Words for the Lion's Gate VIII

Sirius stares at me,
     Dares me to choose
Which stars, which galaxies
     Form synchronicities,
Constellate into clusters, lines,
     Patterns, networks, meanings.
There is a meteor! 
                                   Anything I like.

When everything is absence
     Anything can be a presence,
Can serve the void within,
     Which is the same void
On the other side, as marionette,
      A stand-in,
But that's OK.
                        It's a hologram anyway.

     They wouldn't be there
If I didn't need the stars so much
     To show me the way,
Appearing and disappearing as if by will.
     And I wouldn't need them at all
If I hadn't already learned what I needed, 
     If they weren't, 
                         In other words, silent.

Ah how the stream believes 
     In what it does
When it thinks of its role as
     Speaking with stones 
And serving the moss, until
     It is the ocean
And the world is not quite
                                    large enough.